Problems with developing a plugin

Subject: Problems with developing a plugin
From: alessio -at- evolutionbook -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 09:28:46 -0600

Hi all!

I posted this message also on other discussion groups because i'm quite
desperate :(

I'm developing a plugin for Framemaker that, basically, compares two
documents that are similar (they're automatically produced from a database
source) and generates a new document which is made up of only the page
that have some changes. The part that does the comparison seems to work
fine, but I've some problems with the part that have to create the new
document.

In particular, the solution I'm trying to make the plugin doing the
following actions:

1) Creation of a new body page;

2) Assignation to the body page of the corresponding master page;

3) Cancel text frames that are in the page created;

4) creation of the text frames that are in the page I've to copy and
assignation of their attributes;

5) copy of the text of every text frame (with an operation of cut and
paste of the entire contents)

6) link text frames in the correct sequence as text flow

In particular, this process appears to work improperly when there are some
multipage tables: it seems Framemaker can't select non-homogeneous part of
the tables (so it can copy the entire table or only header row or "normal"
row) and it seems Framemaker can never copy a table together with text out
of the table.

Are these statements correct? How would have you approached such a
problem? Any advice?

Thank you very much for helping (and excuse for my poor english), Alessio

Alessio Giorgini

>From a single set of Word documents, create online Help and printed
http://www.doctohelp.com

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com