Re: Paper Manual to Online Help - where to start?

Subject: Re: Paper Manual to Online Help - where to start?
From: Chris Gooch <chris -dot- gooch -at- lightworkdesign -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 10:54:02 +0100

Mike O. wrote:

+++
For example, I don't know of any non-Adobe tools that easily provide
advanced features like TOC/index hyperlinks, although I suppose the
open-source tools are closing in on that target (I haven't checked lately).
+++

This is not really relevant to the original poster's issue I know,
but LaTeX does give you hyperlinked tocs and indexes in
pdf automatically (just use pdflatex with the hyperref package),
no need for Acrobat at all (and of course you can't easily write
an unstructured document in LaTeX).

Chris.

Christopher Gooch, Technical Author
LightWork Design, Sheffield, UK.