RE: Documenting installers?

Subject: RE: Documenting installers?
From: Felice Albala <felice_albala -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 08:37:54 -0700 (PDT)

John wrote:
I think assuming things about our readers that we
don't know for certain is one of our biggest obstacles
to producing quality stuff.

Excellent point, John. My current client cuts corners
wherever they can, even on stuff that many would say
is necessary. One thing they do budget for is a
consultant who goes to the users with surveys and
questions them about what they (dis)like about the
product, their wish lists, etc. It helps with
development, obviously, but also with producing
documentation that (we like to think) is truly useful
to the users.

- Felice Albala

>From a single set of Word documents, create online Help and printed
http://www.doctohelp.com