Re: Clear Case and automation

Subject: Re: Clear Case and automation
From: "Mike Stockman" <mstockman -at- mac -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 10:58:04 -0400 (EDT)

I recently went through this process, although not with ClearCase (we
use several other source control systems where I work). Is there
something special about ClearCase that makes automation easier or harder?

In our situation, we automated the production of FrameMaker files to
WebWorks output with a pricey ($2500 give or take... we got half price
for no good reason) tool from Quadralay called WebWorks Automap
<http://www.quadralay.com/products/wwam/default.aspx>

There are a number of ways to use Automap, including scheduling jobs to
run at certain times, or using your own scripts to create and run a job
from the command line (which was our solution). I believe Automap
supports running a script before or after the job, so you could script
the process of getting the latest files from ClearCase before starting.

There's also a PDF add-on to Automap, but we didn't use it... instead,
we use FrameScript to script printing a book to PostScript, then distill
the output to PDF.

Hope this is useful,
Mike

--
AOL: mstockman -at- aol -dot- com AOL Instant Messenger: MStockman
ICQ: 19165236

>From a single set of Word documents, create online Help and printed
http://www.doctohelp.com

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com