RE: How to submit new version release information to the Technica l writer

Subject: RE: How to submit new version release information to the Technica l writer
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 08:25:20 -0400

Manisha inquired:
> Hi All
>
> Has anyone prepared a document or has an idea on - how to
> submit the new
> version release information to the Technical writers - for
> incorporating the
> relevant changes in the user and installation guides?
>
> Tried on google and some software engineering sites for samples or
> templates, but was not successful

Probably the reason that you were unsuccessful is that
the process whereby such information moves from <wherever>
to the technical writer is a pull operation, not a push
operation.

That is, nobody brings it to you. You have to go and
get it. Equip yourself with crowbars and other prying
tools, as well as instruments of Inquisition.

/kevin

PS: It's still Friday in this part of the world (I'm in Canada)
and there's a tradition that one is allowed to say stuff
like I just did, on Friday, even in as serious and
focussed a list as this one. :-)

--
The following text added by my employer, outside my control:
The information contained in this electronic mail transmission may be

>From a single set of Word documents, create online Help and printed
http://www.doctohelp.com

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com