RE: Cover letter feedback

Subject: RE: Cover letter feedback
From: "Jones, Donna" <DJones -at- zebra -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 6 May 2004 13:21:29 -0500

Chuck,

My (humble) opinion is that your cover letter is way too long. By the time I
get to the words "in short," I think YEAH RIGHT! Save some things to talk
about at an interview. Also, it's good to be enthusiastic, but you don't
want to come across as a better candidate for the posting: WANTED: USED CAR
SALESMAN. Save the enthusiasm for the interview as well.

Please see my comments below. What I added is in all caps, and I deleted a
bunch.

Donna