RE: RE: RE: 2 weeks !

Subject: RE: RE: RE: 2 weeks !
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: 05 May 2004 22:53:02 GMT

John, I would say that 8 hours a page for all the
planning, research, writing, illustration, review
and revision management, etc., that goes into making
a document is perfectly reasonable...for a *one page
document.* However, I'd bet that few here will say
that they've ever gotten that much time to do anything
bigger, and so we speed up our projects in much the
same way that data compression works, by indentifying
portions of the project that can get by with less and
giving them less. Also, wherever possible I try to
get myself more "time per page" by planning to create
documents with fewer pages.

Gene Kim-Eng