re: arrogance

Subject: re: arrogance
From: "Paul Strasser" <paul -dot- strasser -at- ennovationinc -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 4 May 2004 09:29:28 -0600

It was written:

> > Do you ever write something down and immediately think it is good,
> > great even? So good that it doesn't even matter if anyone else will
> > ever read it? Just having it written, the choice of words, as if it
> > were meant to be written by you? As if nobody could have done it
> > better even though you do realize there is always a better writer
> > somewhere?

Once, about 15 years ago, I wrote three sentences for a book that were
perfect, in the sense that they perfectly conveyed what I was trying to get
across. I re-read them in frank admiration of their unalloyed brilliance.

The next day the hard drive crashed. (A bricklike 60meg HD in a superduper
12-Mhz 286) The sentences were gone. I hadn't made a backup onto a 5.25,
nor printed the paragraph out on my dot matrix.

I've tried to rewrite these sentences since then, but something is always...
just... not... right. Damn.

Paul Strasser
Ennovation, Inc.
2569 Park Lane, Suite 100
Lafayette, Colorado 80026
Phone: 303-468-1164
FAX: 303-926-1510
E-mail: paul -dot- strasser -at- ennovationinc -dot- com

>From a single set of Word documents, create online Help and printed
http://www.doctohelp.com

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com