Re: Don't know what to title this... > 18 Million?

Subject: Re: Don't know what to title this... > 18 Million?
From: Rachael Lininger <techwhirl -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 10:35:26 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

Geoff Hart <ghart -at- videotron -dot- ca> wrote

>shankAtIndiaDotcom wondered: <<More then 18 400 000 hits for 'more
>then' [in Google] Oh well, we lesser than mortals have been taught to
>say (write) 'more than'.>>
>
>It pays to remember that statistics taken out of context are
>meaningless: If those hits were from university grammar sites or
>editorial discussion groups, they're credible. If they're from high
>school blogs, you can safely ignore them unless you're writing a thesis
>on teenage slang.

It's simpler than that. When lesser mortals Google, we should remember
that Google doesn't count punctuation any more. Then we will understand.

(I don't believe Google ever counted punctuation, btw.)

Rachael

PLUS Great discounts on RoboHelp training. OFFER EXPIRES April 30th!
Call 1-800-358-9370 or visit: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com