PDF Bookmarks from a Word ToC

Subject: PDF Bookmarks from a Word ToC
From: Anthony Davey <ant -at- ant-davey -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 17:01:42 +0100

Hi Guys,

I've just run a Word doc (all on XP Pro) through Acrobat 6.0. Having chosen to use the chapter and sub-heads as bookmarks in the Word ToC and checking the right boxes (I think) to have Acrobat do the same I have an interesting outcome.

Clicking on the ToC in the PDF the links seem to get progressively awry as I work down them. The link to the heading on page 5 (about 15 pages into the doc) leads where it should; however, when I click the item that's on page 30 the bookmark takes me to page 32, at page 45 it's three pages ahead, and at page 85 its about six pages ahead, taking me to page 91.

Any thoughts on what may be causing this and, of course, how to fix it?

Many thanks,
Ant

ROBOHELP X5 - ALL NEW VERSION. Now with Word 2003 support, Content Management, Multi-Author support, PDF and XML support and much more!
PLUS Great discounts on RoboHelp training. OFFER EXPIRES April 30th! Call 1-800-358-9370 or visit: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com