Help! Need a word or phrase

Subject: Help! Need a word or phrase
From: Steven Oppenheimer <Steven -at- OppenheimerCommunications -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 23:40:58 -0400

So here I am, modestly claiming to be the greatest technical writer on planet earth, and I'm stuck for a word or phrase to describe my own services. So, I humbly (and painfully) ask for help. Basically, I'm tweaking my web site.

I have one bullet item which lists all the kinds of documents I create -- the usual stuff, users guides, reference manauls, online help, plus brochures. The heading for that bullet item is simply: "Documentation and Marketing Collateral"

The *next* bullet item is intended to describe the types of systems I document. That includes any kind of GUI for virtually any kind of software application. But also, since I have some background in both programming and electronics, I'm including things like internal APIs (application programming interfaces), communications protocols, register level functions in microchips -- things that not everyone else documents. So -- getting to the point -- I need an umbrella term for this bullet item. So far all I've come up with is: "Target Applications". I could say something like: "The Kinds Of Systems I Document", which is really just what I am trying to say, but that sounds so clunky.

Is there another way, a more pithy way, to convey "The Kinds Of Systems I Document"? I don't think that "Target Applications" gets the point across. Maybe "Systems Documented" or "Technologies Documented", is either of those okay? Still sounds clunky to me. Besides which, I've also documented business procedures to support an ISO-9000 certification process, and I really don't think that business procedures are a "technology", except in the broadest sense of the term. So I still need a good umbrella phrase for "stuff I document."

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Steven Oppenheimer
Oppenheimer Communications
Technical and Business Writing: From Complexity To Clarity
Steven -at- OpComm -dot- com www.OpComm.com (301) 468-9233

ROBOHELP X5 - ALL NEW VERSION!!
Have you tried the latest in Help Authoring from RoboHelp?
Try ROBOHELP X5 for Free - Now with Word 2003 support, Content Management, Multi-Author support, PDF and XML support and much more!
Download a free trial today: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l4

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com