Re: Creative, and Certified too

Subject: Re: Creative, and Certified too
From: "Mike O." <obie1121 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2004 16:47:01 -0400

MaggiRos wrote:

This was in today's e-mail. The whole description is:

"THIS IS A CREATIVE TECH WRITER POSITION...

I think some people autmatically prepend "creative" whenever they say "writing."

True story: A while back I was working for a small tech company, when it became obvious I needed some help with my workload. One of the VPs sent around an email announcing that our long-suffering secretary was being temporarily re-assigned to "help Mike with his creative writing..."

I started showing her how to use the HATT, how to do basic SQL queries, how to check out code, how to re-jigger dozens of section breaks in a large Word doc.... She was initially enthusiastic, and we really tried our best, but by the end of the week she was nearly in tears, because she was just so out of her element. And she was afraid her boss would judge her negatively if she didn't master those new skills.

Minimum Bachelors degree...

Some would say an English major is about the minimum Bachelors degree you can get...

Mike O.

ROBOHELP X5 - ALL NEW VERSION!!
Have you tried the latest in Help Authoring from RoboHelp?
Try ROBOHELP X5 for Free - Now with Word 2003 support, Content Management, Multi-Author support, PDF and XML support and much more!
Download a free trial today: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l4

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com