Re: Autorun suggestions

Subject: Re: Autorun suggestions
From: holmegm -at- comcast -dot- net
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2004 10:00:41 +0000

"John Posada" wrote:

> Hi, guys...I'm looking for a fast cheap application that will create the
> necessary autorun files that a machine reads to install my different
> files (chm, pdf, etc,) to subdirectories on a machine when they insert
> the CD. This may also involve also launching the setup.exe file once the
> PDFs and CHMs have been copied to the subdirectories.

Depending on exactly what you want to do, these may help (both free):

Inno Setup
http://www.jrsoftware.org/isinfo.php

NSIS (Nullsoft Scriptable Install System)
http://nsis.sourceforge.net/home/

The Autorun would be the easy part - just trigger the installation program.

Greg Holmes

ROBOHELP X5 - ALL NEW VERSION!!

Have you tried the latest in Help Authoring from RoboHelp?
Try ROBOHELP X5 for Free - Now with Word 2003 support, Content

Download a free trial today: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l4

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com