Re: Reading online in sans-serif when Word template specifies serif font

Subject: Re: Reading online in sans-serif when Word template specifies serif font
From: "Bonnie Granat" <bgranat -at- granatedit -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2004 05:36:09 -0400

Got it. Whew! Turned out making another template worked. All I had to
do was make about six styles based on Body, and then attach the new
template to 25 Word files. Much better than I thought it would be. The
six main styles were not based on any other style, so at first I
thought the problem was going to be overwhelming.

I spent the last 10-12 hours editing online with a serif font, and now
that I'm organizing the next three days of work, the solution seemed
to gel in my mind. People have contributed suggestions, but they
didn't fit the actual circumstances, so I didn't do anything until it
occurred to me I could, in fact, change just a few styles and have the
darn thing work. Part of the reason I didn't think anything would work
was due to the fact that until I worked on these files today I was not
positive about what styles were actually used in the docs. Now that
I've worked with several of the files, the solution just slid into
view. But I know that without having had the opportunity to hear the
ideas of you all, I would have drawn a complete blank for many more
days.

Thanks!

---
Bonnie Granat
www.granatedit.com
Technical Editing and Writing

ROBOHELP X5 - ALL NEW VERSION!!

Have you tried the latest in Help Authoring from RoboHelp?
Try ROBOHELP X5 for Free - Now with Word 2003 support, Content

Download a free trial today: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l4

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com