Re: Contracting

Subject: Re: Contracting
From: Dick Margulis <margulis -at- fiam -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 15:06:19 -0500

Sylvia Burleigh wrote:

But I bet you all (john included) can't beat this:

During a lull in work at another contract company, I was asked to paint the attic of the new office.
I wasted no time looking for another job.

Excuse me? There was a lull but they wanted to keep you around so they found something to keep you busy and you had a problem with that? I think you should have been flattered that they didn't just kick you out the minute the work slowed down.

Work is work, and if you get paid by the hour, you shouldn't get all huffy the minute someone asks you to do a task that is outside your area of expertise. If they want to pay you tech writer wages to paint an attic, pour coffee, or empty wastebaskets, why is that a problem for you?

---
[This E-mail scanned for viruses at mail.fiam.net]

ROBOHELP X5 - ALL NEW VERSION. Now with Word 2003 support, Content Management, Multi-Author support, PDF and XML support and much more!
PLUS Great discounts on RoboHelp training. OFFER EXPIRES March 31! Call 1-800-358-9370 or visit: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com