RE: Contracting

Subject: RE: Contracting
From: "James Jones" <doc-x -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 12:45:42 -0600

Thoughtless comments are simply that - thotless. One way to take when
such comments are proffered is simply not to answer the comment, knowing
that it's not true and it doesn't merit a reply. I'm also a contractor
but I do not have much experience. Still, it makes sense to me just not
to respond should someone say something of the ilk 'they could do my job
with "their hands tied behind their backs" or that the work I do brings
no value'. Simply knowing that I'm good and that I'm above their office
politics. Everybody thinks that he or she is a writer is a truism, but
if you are a contractor-writer, you do not have to 'prove' yourself by
pointing out that someone who proffers some rude, thoughtless comment is
not him or her self a writer. But you do have to 'prove' that you can
carry the job through to completion.

Jim Jones

off-site + tech writing/editing/illustration + Chinese + German
+ cartooning + schematics + other

PLUS Great discounts on RoboHelp training. OFFER EXPIRES March 31!
Call 1-800-358-9370 or visit: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com