RE: Trends in Help Authoring

Subject: RE: Trends in Help Authoring
From: "Jim Shaeffer" <jims -at- spsi -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 08:47:32 -0500

If you have the full suite of ForeHelp 5 (including ForeHTML),
you can produce .chm files and other HTML approaches by
ticking a few settings in your WinHelp project.
This would allow you and your developers to conduct fairly
painless experiments in how things tie together.
(Note: an entrepreneur over on the HATT list was selling
CDs of the last released full ForeHelp suite. These copies
are legal with all the licensing, etc. taken into account.)
So far, ForeHelp continues to meet my needs. I expect the
release of Longhorn to prompt me to overcome my inertia.

Jim Shaeffer

> I also need to learn more about the workings of help, as
> now I simply know how to use the HAT only (ForeHelp 5), I
> don't know the process of it all.

PLUS Great discounts on RoboHelp training. OFFER EXPIRES March 31!
Call 1-800-358-9370 or visit: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com