RE: Trends in Help authoring?

Subject: RE: Trends in Help authoring?
From: David Demyan <ddemyan -at- coppercom -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 12:12:58 -0500

Geoff Hart said:

<<Over the next few weeks, my job will be to develop an efficient and
bug-free process for creating source text in Word (for review and
revision) and using that text to create an HTMLHelp system that can be
updated by simply updating the Word source files and recompiling. Not
sure that's possible, but here's hoping! Advice from techwr-l welcomed,
and I'll eventually post a summary of what I've found to work so others
can benefit.>>

Geoff, the most efficient and reliable way to do what you need that
I know is WebWorks Publisher for Word. Allows you to keep the source
file (a Word document) intact and export to any variety of help
system you want. It's not cheap, but it works well.

I am not affiliated with Quadralay, but I have used their WebWorks
Publisher for FrameMaker and have found it to work very well. See
http://www.webworks.com.

Dave Demyan
Senior Technical Writer
Mendem Concord, Inc. (http://www.mendem.com)
(on assignment at CopperCom)

ROBOHELP FOR FRAMEMAKER AS LOW AS $299! Offer expires March 31.
Publish your FrameMaker documents online -- quickly and easily!

New licenses are only $899 for one and $499 for additional licenses.
Use a competitor's product? Switch to RoboHelp for FrameMaker
for only $299! Buy today: CALL 1-800-462-4420 or 1 858-847-7900.
Hurry, offer expires March 31 2004.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com