RE: "DO NOT COOK"?

Subject: RE: "DO NOT COOK"?
From: "Diane Evans" <diane_evans -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 14:25:06 -0800

My favorite, though, is on those Presto-Logs you use in the
fireplace instead of (or along with) real wood. It says
something like: Do not put more than one prestolog on the
fire at a time. I STILL want to know why. What will happen
if I do? Will it blow up? Will the house explode? I don't
see any reason not to give some kind of brief
justification.

Several centuries ago, when I was young and stupid, my new husband and I had a wood stove. One night, it was extremely cold, so we put two prestologs in the stove instead of one. The resulting fire was so hot that the wall behind the exhaust pipe nearly caught fire!

No add to our naivete, the next day we went to the local hardware store and bought a sheet of asbestos to place behind the stove. The wall behind the stove never overheated again, but I may die someday from asbestosis...

Diane Evans
Technical Writer

Washington State Coordinator, Tombstone Project
http://www.rootsweb.com/~cemetery/washing.html

Frustrated with dial-up? Lightning-fast Internet access for as low as $29.95/month. http://click.atdmt.com/AVE/go/onm00200360ave/direct/01/

ROBOHELP FOR FRAMEMAKER AS LOW AS $299! Offer expires March 31.
Publish your FrameMaker documents online -- quickly and easily!
New licenses are only $899 for one and $499 for additional licenses.
Use a competitor's product? Switch to RoboHelp for FrameMaker
for only $299! Buy today: CALL 1-800-462-4420 or 1 858-847-7900.
Hurry, offer expires March 31 2004.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com