scope="row" and Section 508

Subject: scope="row" and Section 508
From: Sean Hower <hokumhome -at- freehomepage -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 08:16:28 -0800 (PST)

Hi all. Looking for someone who has experience implementing Section 508 guidelines.

I need some clarification about the use of scope="row" for tables. Do I need to put this in the first td of every row (except the headers)? The examples given on the following pages

http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG10-HTML-TECHS/
http://www.nws.noaa.gov/sec508/htm/rules.htm
http://www.zekiah.com/508/index.htm#quick

don't use scope="row" in their td elements, so I suppose that would mean I wouldn't have to use it...but if that's the case, when am I supposed to use it? When I have a <th> as the first cell in a row?

Thanks in advance!

Sean Hower - tech writer
http://hokum.freehomepage.com

Create your own web site for FREE at http://www.freehomepage.com

ROBOHELP IS THE INDUSTRY STANDARD IN HELP AUTHORING
New RoboHelp X5 includes all new features such as,
content management, multi-author support, distributed
workforce support, XML and PDF support, and much more!

Purchase new Macromedia RoboHelp X5 by March 31st and receive a
$100 mail-in rebate. http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com