Re: Which image format

Subject: Re: Which image format
From: David Neeley <dbneeley -at- oddpost -dot- com>
To: "T. Word Smith" <techwordsmith -at- yahoo -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 14:18:33 -0800 (PST)

Just as some shops still use Windows NT 4 and Word 97, printers also can be highly resistant to change.

The important thing is the speed, quality, and price of the output. I know many printers who are not on the leading edge of digital technology, but who do tremendous work that always is on time and on budget.

If we do enough printing, we have the stroke to "encourage" printers to bring in new technologies. If we only do the occasional job, we may not be so influential.

Preparing images for printing, so long as you can find a "happy medium" in exchange formats that does not unduly inconvenience you and thus add to your costs, should be an easy enough thing to accomplish.

"Passing by" an otherwise exceptional printer may be a very costly mistake.

David

-----Original Message from T. Word Smith techwordsmith -at- yahoo -dot- com-----
...Finally, serious print shops should be up to speed
with PDF by now. If they are not, pass them by. Evolve
or die.