Re: methods of reviewing documentation

Subject: Re: methods of reviewing documentation
From: Peter Neilson <neilson -at- alltel -dot- net>
To: Melissa Clark <liss_clark -at- yahoo -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2004 20:31:12 -0500

On Wed, 3 Mar 2004 17:20:44 -0800 (PST), Melissa Clark <liss_clark -at- yahoo -dot- com> wrote:

Hi,
I need some help with technical review METHODS.
--Sometimes NO ONE on the team responds ...

Chocolate. I use chocolate. I threaten reviewers that if
they can't find time to get me a review, I'll show up with
chocolate, and THEN they'll feel guilty and get me a review.

For the fellow already working 12 or 14 hour days, I ask him
when he eats. (These workaholics usually forget about one
or two meals each day, if not three.) I offer to go out and
buy him a pizza. My money, not the company's. No one's
ever taken me up on it, but I've gotten several good reviews.
("You don't have to do that. Here, let's look at it right now.
Hey, this isn't too bad. Oops, you've got to mention the
gargle before the blaster, but otherwise you've got it about
right.")