Re: Which image format-Clarification

Subject: Re: Which image format-Clarification
From: Dick Margulis <margulis -at- fiam -dot- net>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2004 18:50:34 -0500

Wade,
Cutting through all the chaff, the only answer that counts is TIFF, either grayscale or CMYK.

Capture the screen as a bitmap (BMP). Open in Photoshop and save as a PSD. Adjust size (at 300 dpi resolution) to the size you want on the printed page. Convert to grayscale or CMYK. Save as TIFF. You're done.

Dick

Wade Courtney wrote:

I didn't mean to say that my boss wants me to re-create screen shots
using vector graphics, or convert a rastered image to a vector image or
any thing else along those lines.

For the purposes of this discussion, I only care about what file format
most people use for screen shots in manuals that they are having
professionally printed (i.e. like a soft cover book you find at a book
store).

Thanks and sorry for the confusion.