Re: HTML content into WORD Document

Subject: Re: HTML content into WORD Document
From: "Chuck Martin" <cm -at- writeforyou -dot- com>
To: techwr-l
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2004 10:54:14 -0800

"Dick Margulis" <margulis -at- fiam -dot- net> wrote in message news:231051 -at- techwr-l -dot- -dot- -dot-

> Lucero, Peggy A. NMIMC Contractor wrote:
>
> > How to make this less time consuming!!
> >
> > I have data (graphics/charts) from a website I need to paste into an
WORD
> > 2002 doc.
> > I'm having to do a lot of reformatting when I do just a cut/paste.
> > Is there a better / quicker way!!!
> >
> > Hope so.
> Peggy,
>
> Open the Web site in Internet Explorer.

You don't have to use Internet Explorer (thankfully). Most, if not all, web
browsers have a command on the File menu that allows you to save the page
you're viewing locally as an HTML file, and some will even save all linked
graphics.

Some web development programs (I know FrontPage used to be able to do this)
will allow you to save an entire web site locally (good for studying how
site architecture is designed). If you do that, you'll have all the HTML and
linked files and can open them in Word.

Chuck Martin
User Assistance & Experience Engineer
twriter "at" sonic "dot" net www.writeforyou.com

"I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me. The day
may come when the courage of Men fail, when we forsake our friends and
break all bonds of fellowship. But it is not this day! This day, we fight!"
- Aragorn

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given you."
- Gandalf