RE: Quiet workplace

Subject: RE: Quiet workplace
From: "walden miller" <wmiller -at- vidiom -dot- com>
To: "'TECHWR-L'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 11:18:24 -0700

I have a hard time writing without music. I especially like to listen to
Funk or blues (I am listening to George Clinton right now). Although I must
admit going through a raucus punk/new wave phase in the 80's (patti smith,
ramones, iggy, talking heads, etc.). I do find myself typing in beat to the
music occasionally, which is disconcerting. However, complete silence is
not my choice. Mozart would be interesting. I will give it a try as well.

I wonder whether this has to do with growing up in a very large family.
Quiet existed at night after all were in bed. Otherwise, it was always
extremely noisy at my house. I learned to do homework to music loud enough
to drown out the rest of the house noises. This may have helped me learn to
multi-task as well.

walden