Re: US versus UK English, How relevant?

Subject: Re: US versus UK English, How relevant?
From: MaggiRos <maggiros -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 19:49:49 -0800 (PST)

In my one experience with this, I found it wasn't so much
the vocabulary as the tone. Maybe it was sentence length
or phrasing, or use of passive voice, or something else. It
was not mainly individual words.

Is that enough to confuse and dismay an American reader?
I'm not sure. But not all the people in the target
audience were native speakers of any dialect of English,
and American was the only one they knew. It might have made
a difference to them. I don't know. I re-wrote some parts
of it completely.

Maggie Secara

http://antispam.yahoo.com/tools