Electronic approval workflow solution needed

Subject: Electronic approval workflow solution needed
From: Dick Margulis <margulis -at- fiam -dot- net>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 18:24:50 -0500

A guy I used to work with has taken a job as a financial VP of a commercial real estate management company. They have a paperwork nightmare that he's trying to clean up. Here's how he describes the problem:

"800 to 1,000 vendor invoices come in each month and need to be scanned and sent out for approval to the various property managers. I want to do that with pdfs but don’t quite know how to allow the property managers to put their electronic stamp on the pdf docs. Do you know:

"1. Is there an easy way to do this with Acrobat without requiring the full [professional] product loaded on each person’s machine?

"2. Would we be better off with some kind of doc mgt system with workflow and authorizations? Can you recommend a reasonably priced doc mgt solution?"

I told him I'd post this for him and get back to him with any suggestions.

Thanks,

Dick

---
[This E-mail scanned for viruses at mail.fiam.net]