Re: PowerPoint Presentations for Doc/writer Impact?

Subject: Re: PowerPoint Presentations for Doc/writer Impact?
From: "Chuck Martin" <cm -at- writeforyou -dot- com>
To: techwr-l
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 16:52:36 -0800

"Dick Margulis" <margulis -at- fiam -dot- net> wrote in message news:230030 -at- techwr-l -dot- -dot- -dot-
<big snip>
> Back to broccoli. One day the store has first-cutting heads. Next day it
> has second-cutting bunches. Next day it has bulk florets, no stems. The
> only documentation is the price per pound. I can figure out, without any
> help from documentation, whether the product in front of me is utile
> with respect to my menu plan.

Whereas I'd need documentation, probably by bringing the cookbook (or at
least a copy of the relevant page) with me. And even then, I have no idea of
the difference between "first-cutting heads" and "second-cutting bunches."

Then again, I usually get home so late (when I'm working) that my "menu
plan" typically involves which box to pull out of the freezer and put in the
microwave.

Chuck Martin
User Assistance & Experience Engineer
twriter "at" sonic "dot" net www.writeforyou.com

"I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me. The day
may come when the courage of Men fail, when we forsake our friends and
break all bonds of fellowship. But it is not this day! This day, we fight!"
- Aragorn

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given you."
- Gandalf