Re: PowerPoint2003 Autoshape Connector Points

Subject: Re: PowerPoint2003 Autoshape Connector Points
From: "Richard G. Combs" <richard -dot- combs -at- voyanttech -dot- com>
To: techwr-l
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 08:10:18 -0700

Michael West wrote:

> John Posada wrote:
>
> > It must be nice to be the designer of the connection point feature to
> > make the determination that nobody would ever want to add additional
> > connection points to an autoshape.
>

> Well, yes, but on the other hand, the presentation design
> and word-processing tools in third party flow-chart software
> leave a lot to be desired, too.

Bingo. And quite properly so, I might add. John, you're complaining that PP
lacks a feature that Visio has and you need. Your complaint is
understandable, but consider where it leads if the PP designers listen to
you... and to everyone else who has a similar complaint about some other
Visio feature that PP lacks: PP ends up the size of the current PP and Visio
combined and runs at half the speed (and stability, probably) of either.

Aren't we always complaining about how bloated Word is because its designers
have tried to make it all things to all people? :-)

Richard

------
Richard G. Combs
Senior Technical Writer