Re: Is this a typical technical writing environment?

Subject: Re: Is this a typical technical writing environment?
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "Lucy Connor" <lconnor -at- asmr -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 07:14:10 -0800

It varies from job to job. Some companies are exactly the opposite of
what you describe, developers hound you daily to add "just one small
change." Most reasonably well-run development orgs send out an
email or include a list of changes made with each new build that you
can check for things that impact docs, but there's really no replacement
for running through all the menus and dialogs periodically.

Gene Kim-Eng