WebHelp -- used where?

Subject: WebHelp -- used where?
To: "'techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 09:31:50 -0500

I've seen passing mention of WebHelp as something you'd
put up on your company web site.

What do others use it for?

What Help format would y'all use if you had to support
a product that's used by people who would administer
it from Windows, Linux, Solaris, HP-UX, and AIX machines?
Put another way... is there any format *other* than WebHelp
that could be used in that situation?

Say a patch/fix for the product comes out.
If a few Help pages needed to change, say two or three added,
is there a way to have them just slide into the customer's
existing installation of WebHelp? Or must we supply them
a complete new set of hundreds of pages and ancillary files,
just to get those few new pages in and available?
I assume the latter, but would like to know if the former
is possible.

/kevin