Word to PDF: Gfx change

Subject: Word to PDF: Gfx change
From: "Nancy McDonald-Kenworthy" <nmcdonal -at- columbus -dot- rr -dot- com>
To: <TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 10:46:53 -0500

Hello, fellow techwhirlers!

I've been gone from the list for a few years, due to job load, list volume,
yadda yadda, but of course I was laid off,and now I'm back to freelancing,
so here I am, back in the fold! Good to be connected once again!

Here's my current problem: I've created a catalog that includes some
graphics that I copied from the Print Shop to Word. The specific graphic is
one of a big yellow construction hat, and I put a text box on top of it.
Fine in Word... transparent background. But when I PDF'ed it, the
background in the hat gfx turned black. I've done similar things to a ton
of other gfx in that doc, but only that hat (and of course it's the theme of
the catalog) got the black background in pdf.... Does anyone have a
suggestion as to how to un-black that hat in pdf?

good to "see" you all again!

Nancy McDonald-Kenworthy,
"Athena's Pen..." writing, editing, desk-top publishing
Columbus, OH 43202
email: nmcdonal -at- columbus -dot- rr -dot- com