RE: To XML or to UI

Subject: RE: To XML or to UI
From: Kat Nagel <mlists -at- masterworkconsulting -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 11:26:57 -0500

At 02:40 PM +0100 2004-02-19, Cassandra Greer wrote:

If you and your boss attend the same seminar this is a really cool way to
get to know each other better (I know you haven't been at this company that
long). I don't mean that in a brown-nosing sort of way but for real.

Yes. And there's a related implication that I haven't seen mentioned yet.

The fact that your boss has offered you this option, John, means that s/he sees you as someone who has the potential to be more than a routine contract worker in your department. The boss is giving you a chance to expand your skills into a new arena and learn something that will make you more valuable to the company. Show your interest, and do well in the training sessions, and you could be on track for more interesting assignments and possibly eventual direct hire and promotion, if that's what you want. Even if you prefer to remain a contractor, Successful completion of the UI training will give you another notch on the skills section of your resume, and open up a wider range of possible future jobs.

I'd jump at the chance for this kind of opportunity. Go for it!

--
K@
Kat Nagel, MasterWork Consulting

585.820.4045
katnagel -at- masterworkconsulting -dot- com

.