RE: RoboHelp for FrameMaker

Subject: RE: RoboHelp for FrameMaker
To: 'Brian Jennings' <BrianJennings -at- cougarmtn -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 11:08:16 -0500

Brian Jennings [mailto:BrianJennings -at- cougarmtn -dot- com]
raved about RoboHelp for FrameMaker:

> Basically the product does almost everything we need it to do to
> effectively turn our FM source files into online .chm files. The only
> thing it doesn't do is support merging of help files and as a
> result I am
> still using RH for the purpose of merging .chm's I create
> with RH 4 FM.

I've got RH X4.1 (the one that's associated with Word, I guess).
Prior to getting it, last October, I worked almost exclusively
with FrameMaker for five years of PDF/Print documents.
Then the new owners of our company said: We use RH X4.1 -- you
use it, too. And I did.

So, I'm wondering.
To use RH4FM, do you need to break all your FM documents into
separate little one-and-two-pagers (equivalent to reasonable-
length Help topics)?? Or does RH4FM have ways to let you
extract Help topics from 20-page FM chapters?

This is purely theoretical wondering for me, as I doubt I'll
be trying to suck my 500 pages of RH WebHelp topics back
into FrameMaker any time soon...

/kevin