Re: To XML or to UI

Subject: Re: To XML or to UI
From: k k <turnleftatnowhere -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 20:43:07 -0800 (PST)

Guess I have to go against the grain on this one.

Get the training in the field that you are more likely
to actually use in your current and future job. That
is almost certainly the XML training.

The Cooper training may be great, but how likely is it
that your deliverables or your workflow will be
improved by training in the principles of designing
interactive interfaces? If you want to eventually
rebranch into design work, or get a position in
development management, or if you will be in charge of
QA, then jump on it by all means. But I can't see it
helping in being better at documentation. And it could
be terribly frustrating to get wonderful training on
how the designers *should* be doing things.

http://antispam.yahoo.com/tools