Re: Problem Installing FrameMaker 7.0 Trial Version

Subject: Re: Problem Installing FrameMaker 7.0 Trial Version
From: "John Posada" <writer -at- tdandw -dot- com>
To: <Anagha -dot- Mulay -at- smartstream-stp -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 06:21:34 -0500

> 1) After the expiration period, we uninstalled and
reintsalled the trial
> version. A "Trial Expired" message was displayed .
>
> 2) The local System Admin cleared the registry assuming it
is a registry
> issue.After doing that, we again installed the software.
however, the
> message still persists.
>
> Has anyone faced such an issue? Please give your inputs
for the same.

You asked...

Sounds like you are trying to "steal" the software by
repeating a trial period over and over. My input is to spend
your money like you are supposed to and like we have, and
stop asking us how to hack the software to circumvent a
license.

It's not a registry issue...it's a legal issue.

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer
writer[at]tdandw.com