Re: Speed menu vs shortcut menu

Subject: Re: Speed menu vs shortcut menu
From: "Michael West" <mbwest -at- bigpond -dot- com>
To: techwr-l
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 15:39:14 +1100

Kirsty -dot- Taylor -at- mincom -dot- com wrote:

> interested to know if people think there's a difference between the
> two
> terms or if speed menu is now replacing shortcut menu?

It appears to me that "shortcut menu" is a
Windows term and "speed menu" is a Business
Objects term (also used by other software vendors
to describe application-specific functionality).

It doesn't seem reasonable to assume that one term is
"replacing" the other, since they apply in separate contexts.

An application designer could decide that within his
application, the things we know as "windows" will
be referred to as "doors." He can do that.
--
Michael West