RE: FONT STANDARDS

Subject: RE: FONT STANDARDS
From: "Bill Swallow" <wswallow -at- nycap -dot- rr -dot- com>
To: "'Gene Kim-Eng'" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>, "'TECHWR-L'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 22:44:31 -0500

LOL! I used to work for a software company catering to the telecomm
industry, and the stuff was written for the AS/400... good ol' text
interfaces, too!

Well, we had one beauty of a screen in one of those applications... It was
blank, save for one unlabeled field in the middle of the screen. It took any
type of character, and a string of any length, without error (only returned
an error on a null entry, and yes I know that's an oxymoron). No one knew
why it was there, but no one wanted to remove it.

I think we documented around it by instructing people to type "X" in the
field and pressing Enter... I can't remember for certain.

Bill Swallow
wswallow "at" nycap "dot" rr "dot" com