Re: Where does Documentation belong?

Subject: Re: Where does Documentation belong?
From: Isaac Rabinovitch <isaacr -at- mailsnare -dot- net>
To: techwr-l
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2004 17:53:50 -0800

mlist -at- ca -dot- rainbow -dot- com wrote:

Goldstein, Dan wrote:
Some users find that it makes a good doorstop. And I once used a thick
user's manual to raise a monitor to eye level.

Yes, that's a common perception of documentation. But some of us have this whimsical notion that we write stuff people actually read.

There's medication available to help with that sort of thing.

You mean medication to control my sense of irony, or medication to control my need to think that my work is useful? Either way, I can't believe the FDA has approved the level of mind control!