RE: GoLive vs. Dreamweaver

Subject: RE: GoLive vs. Dreamweaver
From: Jason Willebeek-LeMair <jlemair -at- cisco -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 11:27:04 -0600

You know, all you people talking about FrontPage doing funky things to the
HTML code must not have used it since FP97. In the past, I refused to use
it because of the things it did with HTML. Now, I use it for all sorts of
1-off HTML tasks (stuff that I need to blast out but not really maintain,
like meeting minutes). Code is standard HTML. Although, I must confess, I
use the quick character formatting rather than styles for this type of
document. Why? Because it just does not matter for the intended purpose.

Also, looking at the options in FP2002, it looks like I can even customize
how tags are inserted (indentation, space before/after, tag closing, etc.)
on a per-tag basis. Very cool.

So, don't rule it out. It may be just what is needed.

Jason

PS--What do I use for creating heavy-duty HTML? XML.