help with changing one angle in a Polygon in Illustrator 9

Subject: help with changing one angle in a Polygon in Illustrator 9
From: "Elizabeth O'Shea" <elizabeth -dot- oshea -at- virtualaccess -dot- com>
To: "'TECHWR-L'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 18:39:27 -0000

My manager seems to have decided that I can do a lot of the 'must-have'
graphic work. He knows I have very little experience with applications
like Illustrator, but at least he has someone working on what he needs.
I don't mind doing it because I learn something, and he knows it might
take me longer than is strictly reasonable. But I need to be able to
find the answer! Someone ranted a bit earlier about the help that comes
with programs like Illustrator. I've found it quite useless for what I
need.

I have to change one angle in a polygon to 10 degrees. I've tried using
the direct selection tool to select the angle. But it appears that the
angle is constrained to move only in 45 degree units (I did not hold
down shift while I was creating the point). How can I change this to
make the angle 10 degrees?

Thanks.

Elizabeth OShea
Documentation
Virtual Access (Irl) Ltd.
Unit 18
Trinity Enterprise Centre
Pearse Street
Dublin 2
Ireland
e: elizabeth -dot- oshea -at- virtualaccess -dot- com
t: +353 1 6041816
f: +353 1 6705380