RE: Re: Legal English (was RE: Using M-dash and N-dash?)

Subject: RE: Re: Legal English (was RE: Using M-dash and N-dash?)
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: paul -dot- strasser -at- ennovationinc -dot- com, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: 11 Feb 2004 20:15:46 GMT

I read them all the first time I bought a house. I've
sold, bought and refinanced a number of times since
then, and have not bothered to reread in detail the
ones whose names I recognize when they're handed to
me at sign-off, but I do look at the new ones as they
get added to the mix. And my realtor friends tell me
that lawsuits regarding real estate do seem to be down
from what they used to be in CA, which I find interesting
compared to NJ, where I grew up and where every RE sale
seems to involve a lawyer to go over the paperwork. Pay
them now or pay them later, I guess.

Gene Kim-Eng