SOLVED RE: resizing gifs

Subject: SOLVED RE: resizing gifs
From: "Elizabeth O'Shea" <elizabeth -dot- oshea -at- virtualaccess -dot- com>
To: "'TECHWR-L'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 16:33:02 -0000

Well, solved enough. We got the best quality by choosing a slightly
larger image size than I had been working with, saving the reduced image
as a psd, and then converting it to a gif using ImageReady. And then I
removed some width and height constraints that had been assigned to the
image in Dreamweaver (I was working with a text file), and the image
sized properly and looked much better. So part of the problem was those
constraints, and that makes me feel just a tad thick.

Thanks for everyone who responded with work arounds and the broader
context behind images. I learned quite a lot about images today, which
I've needed to do for a while.

elizabeth

Elizabeth OShea
Documentation
Virtual Access (Irl) Ltd.
Unit 18
Trinity Enterprise Centre
Pearse Street
Dublin 2
Ireland
e: elizabeth -dot- oshea -at- virtualaccess -dot- com
t: +353 1 6041816
f: +353 1 6705380