Changing the file view in Open dialog boxes in Word 2002

Subject: Changing the file view in Open dialog boxes in Word 2002
From: "Elizabeth O'Shea" <elizabeth -dot- oshea -at- virtualaccess -dot- com>
To: "'TECHWR-L'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 13:07:09 -0000

There's a macro workaround to my problem listed in the Word Knowledge
Base, but it doesn't apply to Word 2002 from what I can see.

Here's the problem:

When I open an Open dialog box, the files are displayed as thumbnails. I
change the view to List, select my file and click Open. When I reopen
the same Open dialog box, the files are once again displayed as
thumbnails.

How can I force Word to display my files in a List view every time?

Thanks.

Elizabeth

Elizabeth OShea
Documentation
Virtual Access (Irl) Ltd.
Unit 18
Trinity Enterprise Centre
Pearse Street
Dublin 2
Ireland
e: elizabeth -dot- oshea -at- virtualaccess -dot- com
t: +353 1 6041816
f: +353 1 6705380