Re: Members Only Content on Chapter Web Site

Subject: Re: Members Only Content on Chapter Web Site
From: Guy <guy -at- hiskeyboard -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2004 22:04:54 -0800

Silicon Valley Chapter is considering this move at the present time.
We have a jobs page. That is one of the candidates for 'members only'.
Some chapters make the current/newest issue of the newsletter members-only,
but the archival copies open.

Have you visited the http://www.stc.org site to see what THEY are restricting?

The benefit to members? Members are on top of this month's meetings, the
new jobs, etc.

On the down side: if people are unemployed, and looking FOR a job, and FIND
one through your website, maybe they'll join.

--
Guy K. Haas
guy -at- hiskeyboard -dot- com | gkhaas -at- usa -dot- net

Scott Abel wrote:

Hello TECHWR-Lers:

Just wondering if any of you have ever had to grapple with the definition of
"members only" content on your STC chapter web sites? (or other
organizations?) We're building a new chapter web site for the Hoosier STC
and we are trying to determine what content (if any) on the site should be
restricted to members only? I'd love to hear your ideas.

Our goal: To determine what content might be restricted to members only and
why.

Our struggle: What is the benefit to members?