RE: getting started with OOo

Subject: RE: getting started with OOo
From: "Bill Lawrence" <scribe -at- matrixplus -dot- com>
To: "'TECHWR-L'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 14:08:28 -0500

Since we're on the OOo subject...

I did an evaluation of 1.1 when it came out, and overall it seemed very
powerful and in many ways a much better authoring environment than Word.
(Actually, I'm hard pressed to come up with something that's a worse
environment than Word.) However, we decided to stick with our docbook
tools because OOo didn't seem to have any of the conditional text
capabilities one would need to create single-source documents. Did I
miss something, or is this a feature set they haven't implemented?

Bill Lawrence

Senior Technical Writer
Matrix Solutions