Re: LinuxWorld Show...where's the beef?

Subject: Re: LinuxWorld Show...where's the beef?
From: Peter <pnewman1 -at- optonline -dot- net>
To: Char James-Tanny <CharJT -at- helpstuff -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 18:20:24 -0500

Char James-Tanny wrote:

OO uses Ctrl-C, Ctrl-X, and Ctrl-V, just like we're used to. So I'm not sure
what he's talking about there. Without actually knowing "what" word
processor, I don't think anyone knows.

However, Linux includes a feature where you can highlight text and then use
the middle button on the mouse to paste. It's used a lot in the command
line. When I first started using Red Hat several months ago, I couldn't
figure out how to copy and paste in XChat...I kept trying to use Ctrl-C,
etc. ;-) Then I was told about highlight-middle-click and now I'm so used to
it that I sometimes wish I had it in Windows.

But I only have a two button wheel mouse.

--
Peter

Sisyphus had it easy