RE: LinuxWorld Show...where's the beef?

Subject: RE: LinuxWorld Show...where's the beef?
From: "John Posada" <JPosada -at- isogon -dot- com>
To: <holmegm -at- comcast -dot- net>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 10:07:49 -0500

I never said there weren't ANY. Just that the lack of application
presence was noticeable.

>Their loss (the CIOs). This is a domain you really
>have to *want* to look at and understand - it doesn't
>come walking into your office with a visitor's badge
>and a lunch budget (well, it might from IBM, but I digress ...).

WHAT? This sounds like the tech writer stance...if the customer can't
see the justification of using a technical writer, why do we have to
explain it to them?

So if the CIO (the guy with the money) can't see the value, it's his
problem?

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer
Isogon Corporation