Re: What I want to say....

Subject: Re: What I want to say....
From: kcronin -at- daleen -dot- com
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 08:47:57 -0700

Mike wrote:

> This conversation reminds me of all the people who sign up for the health
> club and never go. It's not enough to just buy the membership - you have to
> actually show up every day.
>
> If you want to get in shape by sitting on the couch eating bon-bons, should
> you fire any trainer that tells you that won't work? Or should you only hire
> trainers who agree with your approach?
>
> You can hire the best tech writer in the tri-state area, but if you don't
> work with him/her you won't get good results. When you hire an expert you
> need to actually listen to him/her, otherwise you've wasted your money.

I'm not sure if you're agreeing or disagreeing with me. I said we need to
offer solutions. That requires somebody to listen to our solutions. But I
don't think the way to get a gig is to simply tell somebody that what they
want can't be done.

Keith Cronin
Please respond ONLY if you agree with me. I am not interested in receiving
any actual advice, and merely want to establish that my opinion is the
only valid one to have under these circumstances. I need empathy and
validation, not solutions!