Writing Costs Worldwide

Subject: Writing Costs Worldwide
From: "Bonnie Granat" <bgranat -at- granatedit -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2004 02:19:08 -0500

Jon Leer wrote:

> As far as competing with outsourced writing, there is always a way.
> As an independent contractor, you need to know what you're up
against
> and be creative to add value or other sources for the disparate
> income rate.

You're not really "up against" anything but the bottom line. If a
company has made the decision to offshore, it has already decided that
quality is not an issue. One day, the documentation department closes.
Maybe an editor remains. Maybe a project manager manages the entire
thing. But it seems to me that after a company has decided to move its
documentation offshore, you have no opportunity to compete. That's
what I meant.

--
Bonnie Granat
www.granatedit.com